Sr. Remanufacturing Technician
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Orange, CA, USA
- Automotive Technology Degree, certification, or equivalent experience
- Two to four years as an Engineering Technician, Diagnostic Technician, or mechanical or electrical production experience
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical power transmission (gears, bearings, lash, lubrication, etc.) and knowledge of EV powertrains preferred
- Fundamental understanding of high and low voltage electrical circuits, including electric motors and high voltage batteries
- Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical assembly drawings is valued
- Strong, verbal, and written communication and organization skills
- Detail oriented with the inclination to stop and consider the big picture where necessary
- When necessary able to convert to a production-oriented mindset and to meet output requirements
- Ability to travel domestically up to 100% of the time during 2022, and up to 30% thereafter
- Ability to support alternate shifts and work schedules if needed
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Primarily responsible for technical analysis and initial triage of field return parts
- Actively support and help develop remanufacturing processes, launch, ramp, and future deployments
- Perform technical analyses, document issues, prioritize and escalate to the appropriate assignee
- Accurately and clearly communicate detailed steps taken to verify issues
- Support cross-functional teams to identify the root cause of issues
- Perform part receiving tests, repairs, and end of line tests - at all complexity levels
- Support campaign and containment activities
- Perform work in accordance with standard methods, while identifying continuous improvement opportunities that do not compromise quality or safety
- Support production activities as necessary
- Embody a collaborative team spirit in an ever-changing environment - working with field service, production, and product development teams to strengthening organizational learning
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team