Redwood City, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 1%
2 year growth↑ 18%
- 8+ years of senior level product marketing experience with at least 5+ in B2B marketing
- Experienced in conducting quantitative and qualitative research
- Proven track record of successfully leading complex product launches
- Excellent storytelling abilities
- Outstanding executive communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree required with Advanced Degree preferred
- Lead Product Marketing for customers using both Checking and Lending products
- Develop adoption programs to grow the customer segment
- Lead quantitative, qualitative, and competitive research studies
- Create the product narrative and strategic positioning
- Deliver and ensure consistent messaging across in-product, sales, and marketing touchpoints
- A sincere passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Managing external research agencies or executing in-house studies and synthesizing insights
- Ability to influence senior executives
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE
At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a seasoned Product Marketer known for successful product launches that are anchored in customer insights and achieve business goals? Do you have a bias for action and excel in a collaborative setting? If yes, we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll be the go-to person for customer research and play a vital role in ensuring Bluevine’s GTM plans and marketing programs are anchored in customer insights. Your responsibilities will include driving regular research studies that help shape product roadmap strategy, setting organizational standards for gathering and reporting out on customer feedback, and taking over existing research programs like Voice of the Customer and NPS. One of your primary business goals will be to grow the segment of customers using both of our Lending and Checking products. You’ll specialize in this customer segment, leveraging your research insights to champion their distinct needs, and implementing adoption programs to fuel growth.
This is a highly cross-functional role with regular exposure to executive leadership. The ideal candidate will have a big-picture vision with a proven track record of turning that vision into tangible results. Autonomy is crucial, but knowing when to escalate or bring in outside help is equally important.
What you will do
GTM & Product Adoption
- Lead Product Marketing for customers using both Checking and Lending products, understanding and championing for their unique needs.
- Ensure this segment is represented in GTM planning within Checking and Lending BUs.
- Develop adoption programs to grow this segment including promotional activities to incentivize trial and use.
- Lead creation of cross-sell enablement materials including promotional emails, video demos, case studies, etc.
- Report out on successes and escalate areas of concern.
- Understand Bluevine research needs and build a comprehensive research plan and pipeline.
- Lead quantitative, qualitative, and competitive research studies with current customers and prospects.
- Deliver quick insights to BU leadership for effective roadmap planning.
- Lead Voice of the Customer program, integrating insights from marketing, sales, and customer service to fuel product enhancements and inform product strategy.
- Manage and oversee the Net Promoter Score (NPS) reporting process, synthesizing customer feedback into actionable insights.
- Create and manage a centralized and easily accessible customer insights library.
Positioning and messaging
- Create the product narrative and strategic positioning, translating product features and functionality into benefit led messaging that conveys Bluevine’s unique value and competitive differentiation in the market.
- Deliver and ensure consistent messaging across in-product, sales, and marketing touchpoints, establishing clear metrics and proactively optimizing as needs evolve.
- Partner with Product to own in-product messaging and education that is closely aligned to business objectives and enhances customer experience while decreasing contact volume.
Required Experience and Education
- 8+ years of senior level product marketing experience with at least 5+ in B2B marketing.
- A sincere passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Experienced in conducting quantitative and qualitative research, including managing external research agencies or executing in-house studies and synthesizing insights.
- Proven track record of successfully leading complex product launches, anticipating and resolving roadblocks, driving measurable results, and debriefing and optimizing post-launch.
- Excellent storytelling abilities, adept at turning complex data, technology, and concepts into clear communications.
- Outstanding executive communication skills with ability to influence senior executives, building trust and mutual respect across functions.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills with an ability to drive the end-to-end execution of multiple initiatives simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with Advanced Degree preferred.
New Hire Base Salary Range: $128,000-$156,800
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities