Professional Services Consultant
Global Services, Cloud Migration
Posted on 7/15/2022
Salt Lake City, UT, USA • Madison, WI, USA • Las Vegas, NV, USA • Seattle...
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Splunk Cloud, Splunk Administration and architecture design
- Some experience with Splunk search processing language (SPL)
- Current experience in technical consulting or sales engineering
- Have worked with Cloud providers, AWS or GCP
- 2+ years experience migrating On-prem customers to the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Able to deliver complex customer projects with cross-functional teams using traditional and agile project delivery methodologies
- Experience as a
- Nix system administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Have supported customer facing multi-tenant infrastructure (SaaS) or similar cloud related services
- Some experience with Python, Golang, Shell, and open source based systems
- Have worked with virtualization technologies
- Strong open systems application and infrastructure knowledge
- Clear understanding of network and system management solutions
- Organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet deadlines with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the customer's business
- Solid understanding or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Experience with automation/orchestration tools, at least two of the following: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform
- Experience with at least two of the following cloud providers: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from application developers to executive level partners
- Self-motivated and self-educating, always interested in keeping up with technology and improving oneself
- Certifications or Accreditations
- Splunk Cloud Fundamentals
- Splunk Cloud Migration
- Splunk Certified Consultant
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
- You have operational experience at scale. You have had hands-on roles that deal with operating systems (particularly Linux), supervising systems (including Splunk), Cloud technologies, and networking. Your previous job titles might be something close to systems admin, network engineer, or DevOps engineer
- You're passionate about your work. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. You should enjoy actively being responsible for your work and be passionate about your projects
- You love large sophisticated systems. Experience in working on distributed systems or a passion for finding edge cases that appear at scale. You're interested in how to bring something from a small one off task to how to implement it across several thousand machines at once
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation
- The ability to empower customers to take on the next wave of questions on their own
- A chance to share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- Collaborate with individuals across the company from Product Management, Product Marketing, Professional Services, Sales, Sales Engineering, Technical Enablement, Education, Customer Success Management, and Support
- Be comfortable working with customers to help them define their future architectural roadmap as a trusted advisor
- Be successful working with your peers, your teammates, individual developers and SRE's
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation from customer input
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- Good corporate citizen - two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Embrace continuous learning, maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, functional knowledge, and industry best practices
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to all customer, partner and Splunk stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.