Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role:
Are you interested in transforming the $875 Billion Trucking industry in the US? Do you want to work at a company where you are constantly learning and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for taking complex ideas and delivering them as tangible product outcomes?
Platform Science is hiring a Senior Product Manager focused on driving strategy and roadmap for our Device Platform Team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Product, Virtual Vehicle, and working with a team of passionate colleagues, you will play a pivotal role in shaping how various components of the vehicle are managed on an Open Platform founded on the mission of making transportation smart.
In this role, you will face product challenges as you seek to find the optimal balance between the short-term product roadmap and the long-term vision of our industry-leading Virtual Vehicle platform. You are always asking questions to learn more about the ‘Why’ and ‘How’ of the world through constant interactions with our customers and partners. You take ownership and pride in the quality of both your work and your team’s work.
What You’ll Do:
- Help define a long-term vision for your product area, and work with your team to distill this into multiple short-term execution deliverables.
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer; understand and articulate customer needs, conduct ongoing customer research and leverage data to prioritize market requirements.
- Write requirements documents, define use cases, customer journey, and own the business metrics and KPIs for your products and services.
- Identify areas of opportunity and weakness in both product area and process, and articulate creative and iterative solutions using data.
- Manage the entire product life cycle by defining User Stories with detailed Acceptance Criteria and meeting a Definition of Ready; participate in daily standup and sprint reviews of engineering work products.
- 5+ years of product management experience with at least 2 years of relevant experience in device lifecycle management of hardware gateways/routers or consumer IoT devices.
- Pragmatic problem solver and can focus on technical details (i.e. take complex customer problems and break them down into components).
- Exceptional communication skills that allow you to bridge the gap of a team spread across the country.
- Exhibits a positive, can-do attitude and is willing to work in a hyper-growth environment. In other words, roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced start-up.
- Preferred but not required:
- Understanding of AWS IOT services and MQTT
- Experience in Cellular/Wireless technologies.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience working on IoT, Telematics.
- Understanding of the trucking or logistics industries.
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $126,721 and $212,466. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.