Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Develop, maintain, grow and support multiple Waabi facilities.
- Assure Waabi facilities meet all internal, local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Work with engineers, operation leads, and technicians to outfit labs, machine shops, and operational areas.
- Support Waabi’s safety culture and promote best EHS practices - including managing PPE, emergency response procedures, and preventative maintenance.
- Report on facility KPIs.
- Grow and manage local and remote employees as needed.
- Bachelor degree or higher degree.
- At least 5 years of direct involvement in managing facilities and supporting business operations.
- Experience managing vendors and commercial contracts.
- Experience with EHS, ISO.
- Experience working in tech companies in Canada and the US with knowledge of industry best practices.
- Deep understanding of commercial real estate negotiations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $113,000 - $220,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.