Vehicle Integration Engineer
Posted on 11/15/2022
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a keyboard. You are confident with automotive electronics and are familiar with communication protocols and tools such as Ethernet, CAN
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and participating in cross-functional design reviews
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages - moving from zero to one
- Own the integration, troubleshooting and build events for sensors, compute, actuation, and vehicle systems
- Coordinate and execute builds with cross functional teams (ME, EE, Mfg, and Vehicle Operations)
- Provide Design-For-Manufacturing feedback for low to mid-volume manufacturing processes
- Inspect hardware quality at various levels, and resolve manufacturing/build issues
- Collaborate with the larger hardware team to develop vehicle and subsystem BOM's
- Drive build and system documentation creation such as drawings, schematics, and build instructions, and incoming hardware quality tests/checks
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. CAD experience with packages such as SolidWorks is a plus
Long-haul trucking technology company
Kodiak's mission is to carry freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. The company has the trucking industry's most advanced technology stack purpose-built for long-haul trucks, leveraging a unique sensor fusion system and lightweight mapping solution that handles all aspects of highway driving, delivering freight safely, efficiently, and on time.
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Generous PTO policy
- Life insurance
- Medical, dental, vision, & FSA plans
- Family-friendly company events
- Dog-friendly office
- Employee-driven fitness classes
- Free EV charging
- Trivia & board game nights
Company Core Values
- Safety, first and always
- Intellectual honesty, principled debate.
- Disciplined innovation
- Better together. For a better future.
- Exceed expectations. Earn respect. Repeat.