San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
The time is right for financial products to do better so you can make the most of your income. EarnUp is on a mission to create a financial system that works for everyone by transforming the loan payments ecosystem into a key driver for achieving financial wellness. We do this through our customer centric and data driven payments platform. Our platform offers flexibility in payment schedules while intelligently automating mortgage payments to help our users pay off loans faster. We are a dedicated and diverse team of hardworking innovators working to help people get out of debt. Come help us disrupt the $20 trillion debt market we have today and let’s make a difference together.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer - Money Operations to join the engineering team in our San Francisco, CA headquarters office. You will design, build, extend, refactor, maintain, and monitor critical systems across a variety of projects while developing the next-generation platform for consumer finance management. Your team owns money operations and data development and you will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements while guiding architecture and delivery of software products. You have a passion for delivering robust software systems and are driven to deliver incredible customer experiences.
- Design, build, manage, maintain, and monitor our systems and data
- Configure and optimize services for performance and scale
- Work with our Money operations team to improve their operational efficiency
- Automate data quality and system health checks
- Build accurate and clear user documentation
- Work with rest of the engineering teams to build product features
- Mentor junior engineers and lead technical development
- Lead technical integrations with our financial partners
What you bring:
- 5+ years professional experience
- Expert in SQL (Postgres, SQL Server)
- Familiar with Python
- Passionate about data quality, testing and automation
- Experience with data cleansing and repair
- Strong distributed systems experience
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written
- Familiar with microservice architecture, development, and deployment
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure
- Experience with critical data or financial applications preferred
- Ensure correctness in a production environment
Why You Will Love Working at EarnUp
- Fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup dedicated to providing opportunities to learn and grow
- An opportunity to help financially improve the lives of 20 million Americans living in debt
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Family friendly benefits including generous paid parental leave and a company contribution toward dependent care
- Flexible hybrid work model (we are planning to return to the office this fall on a part time schedule)
- Convenient SF HQ location minutes away from the Montgomery Bart Station
- 100% paid employee health benefits
- Flexible time off programs with no maximum and additional programs dedicated to self care
- Commuter and work from home benefits including a mobile phone stipend
- Employee Resource Groups and active DEI Advisory Council
- Fun events, celebrations, offsites and food
The base salary range for this position is $180,000 - $200,000.
Diversity is in our DNA. At EarnUp, diversity is not only accepted and respected, it’s celebrated and it is critical to our success. We foster an environment for exceptional people which includes a sense of belonging for all.
- EarnUp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**EarnUp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]