Senior Factory Software & Diagnostics Engineer
Posted on 3/16/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role in or closely related to manufacturing, electro-mechanical device manufacturing preferred
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based diagnostic tools or ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (DoIP, CAN, CANFD, FlexRAY, LIN, etc)
- Familiarity with DTC, analyze testing failure to determine the root cause of failures and work with a multi-discipline team to correct them
- Experience with harness fabrication, electric diagnostics, and design for manufacturing
- Diligent at documenting issues, with a passion for process improvement and automation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional disciplines, including external stakeholders
- Think fast, prioritize, and make decisions that benefit Rivian as a whole
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in electrical, software, or related engineering discipline
- Coordinate and ensure proper execution on all vehicle/module SW/FW flashing, system initialization processes and functional tests on the General Assembly line
- Primary interface between the SW Development teams and Operations teams
- Interpret technical requirements from SW teams, generate and feedback ideas for manufacturing and test optimization
- Support pre-launch builds, vehicle commissioning and sustain production
- Support investigations for process issues leading to electrical/SW failures and ensure all issues are driven to resolution, including immediate mitigation and permanent solution
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed by a thorough engineering evaluation, and prioritize tasks to ensure smooth vehicle launch and new product introductions
- Provide regular, metric-based project updates to management team
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team