About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We’ll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Operations
Salary: 440/day USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate’s experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
Supervise department operations and uphold best practices for production management team. This includes but is not limited to:
- Create and maintain production management bible, with considerations for most recent Buzzfeed processes
- Onboard production management staff and shepherd them through Buzzfeed policy and workflows
- Ensure that department shared documents are up to date and accurate
- Create cost trackers for greenlit productions, and liase between production managers and directors to ensure that actuals and forecasts are up to date at all times
- Fulfill budget/pricing requests as needed
- Maintain oversight of all personnel, projects, and procedures, and continuously seek opportunities to streamline, combine, or fill gaps
- Nurture cross functional relationships within Buzzfeed Inc in order to optimize production’s ability to execute and deliver quickly, correctly, well
Oversee production operations for Originals Social Video and serve as primary production management contact
- Work closely with creative team to resource productions as needed
- Ensure social assets are tracked in Airtable - both for Originals and FWF
- Optimize production workflows as needed
- Guide pods through production accounting procedures, approve payment requests and reconciliations
- Track expenses incurred by Social video and work in tandem with directors to outline future budget needs
Serve as production ops lead for various audio properties
- Oversight dependent on project, but can include supervising both the team and schedule
- Handle all production accounting needs and maintain tracker with estimated final costs (with consideration of margin, if applicable)
- Execute day to day production logistics as needed (booking studios, etc)
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.