Staff Software Engineer
IT Corporate Data
Posted on 7/26/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 6+ years experience with modern full-stack web development (depending on degree)
- Proficiency in Bash, Typescript, Go, HTTP, GraphQL APIs, scripting, frontend and backend web application development
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub or other source control systems
- Knowledge of Drone or other CI/CD solutions
- Experience investigating problems, getting to the root of business problems and providing a sustainable software solutions
- Working knowledge of modern agile methodologies and practices, including Kanban and Scrum
- Fluent communication skills. You must be able to contribute code in a team environment while collaborating on standards and style guides
- Experience providing technical direction for engineering teams
- Lead development of enterprise tooling and service projects that help accelerate all of Riot
- Partner with directors and leadership to understand cross-team use cases, draft system architectures, and work with engineers to develop software projects
- Set standards across teams for managing code using source control and writing unit/functional/integration tests to ensure code is reliable
- Create and share technical architectures with stakeholders as needed
- Mentor senior engineers on both leadership and engineering craft
- Work with product designers to eliminate ambiguity and turn product vision into actionable engineering tasks
- Work with infrastructure teams to implement application monitoring and improve hardware, software and network systems
- Author RFCs and maintain operational process documentation and runbooks
- Handle engineering on-call escalations via an on-call schedule
- Proficiency in Serverless
- Familiar with SQL, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with user experience design
- Experience with a containerization technology (e.g. Docker)
- Experience developing software in more than one programming language
- Experience managing engineers
Online game developer
Riot Games' mission is to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world.
- Family Care
- Open Paid Time Off
- Play Fund
- Donation Matching
Company Core Values
- Player Experience First.
- Dare to Dream.
- Thrive Together.
- Execute with Intelligence.
- Stay Hungry; Stay Humble