The Senior Staff Security Engineer is responsible for protecting Aledade’s data, systems, business processes, and mission through the development and application of an information security architecture. This architecture must integrate with Aledade’s enterprise architecture, and cover reference models, solution architectures, and information systems which store, process or transmit Aledade’s data. The Senior Staff Security Engineer will work with other members of the Information Security Team, as well as information systems owners, to ensure the security architecture is implemented and operating as designed. In-scope environments include our cloud-service network and internal business networks.
- BS/BTech (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field required
- 7+ years of production-level experience as a security engineer securing highly scalable and reliable modern cloud applications and infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience acting as a trusted technical decision-maker in a team setting, solving for short-term and long-term business value
- Coding competency with Python or any scripting language required
- Comfortable working towards a multi-year vision with incremental deliverables.
- Strong foundation in software engineering and cloud infrastructure
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and matrixed organizations
- Motivated by delivering customer value and impact
- Experience securing regulated data and participating in audits
- SSCP, CISSP, CCSP, or similar security certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of health-tech systems, like Electronic Health Records, Clinical data, etc.
- Documenting information security architectures, and proposing security designs and solutions throughout the systems and software development life cycle
- Ensuring adherence to information security architectures and standards for acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s)
- Developing new security designs for systems and networks as needed
- Serving as the primary liaison between enterprise architects and systems security engineers on the allocation of security controls
- Assist members of the Information Security Team in selecting appropriate security controls for the information system(s) and network(s) in order to comply with published standards and guidelines
- Work with security risk analysts to evaluate and document the impact to Aledade’s security posture with the implementation of a new system or interfaces between systems
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop plans to address them
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that works better for patients, practices and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care.We were founded in 2014, and since then, we’ve become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy.If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you’re eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you’ve come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.