6 month growth↑ 103%
1 year growth↑ 103%
2 year growth↑ 103%
- Experience with building and delivering large scale over the air deployment systems
- Practical programming experience in Python, Go, and/or C++
- Understanding of data transfer over cellular networks
- Hands-on experience with Linux based Operating Systems
- Experience with Bazel
- Web development experience
- Build and maintain a framework for delivering updated software packages to vehicles
- Design and build deployment platform for transferring large packages to targets in low bandwidth environments
- Build operations-facing tools for system observability
- Build developer-facing tools to enable engineering productivity
- Pair with stakeholders to roll out new hardware generations and mission critical updates
- Experience with commercial or consumer systems with multi-faceted packages
- Excellent communication and people skills
With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We’re Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments. We are looking for strong software engineers at all levels who can develop and deploy world-class solutions software for next-generation self-driving systems. The Deployment Platform team stands at the forefront of Stack AV’s development lifecycle. This team is responsible for working with key stakeholders to package and transport Stack AV code to our vehicles and ensure software updates happen in a reliable, scalable, and traceable manner.
What Success Looks Like:
- Build and maintain a framework to be used for development and production to deliver updated software packages (code binaries, data, ML models, etc.) reliably via over-the-air updates to large volumes of vehicles.
- Design and build our deployment platform to seamlessly build and transfer large packages to targets in low bandwidth, or intermittent communication environments, with software gating to only transfer data when it’s appropriate for the vehicle.
- Build operations-facing tools that support the observability of the system.
- Build developer-facing tools such as command line interfaces, APIs, etc. to enable engineering productivity.
- Pair with stakeholders to roll out new hardware generations and mission critical updates.
- Experience with building and delivering large scale over the air deployment systems for commercial or consumer systems is highly desired. These need not be AVs, but should have the attributes of multi-faceted packages (e.g. code binaries, data), be performant, secure, robust and have scale.
- Personal or Professional experience when solving practical programming problems in Python, Go, and/or C++.
- Understanding of data transfer over cellular networks and how to make it reliable and performant even with risk of interruption.
- Excellent communication and people skills; you will be working cross functionally throughout many different teams within the company.
- Hands-on experience with Linux based Operating Systems and personal computing hardware.
- Experience with Bazel.
- Some web development experience.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.