Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Posted on 8/25/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- You feel passionate about making sense out of numbers and sharing them with a broader audience
- You are a self sufficient do-er: someone who enjoys ownership and can proactively and effectively work cross-functionally to make progress
- You are comfortable with the pace and dynamic environment of our actively growing business
- You have flexibility in both thinking and working: when the current path is blocked, you find a way through or around it
- 3+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence, or similar role
- 3+ years experience with modern analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc
- Experience in SQL and relational databases including queries, database definition, and schema design
- Expertise in the principles of data visualization to simplify the communication of complex data and drive insights
- The ideal candidate has the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, with the competence to educate and collaborate with non-technical to superbly-technical audience
- The ideal candidate is self-directed, accountable, and able to create structure while working in undefined areas
- Solve complex and broad business problems with analytically derived solutions
- Simplify and automate reporting; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Marketing, & Engineering) on ad hoc product and business analytics requests
- Build ops strategy for integrating systems across data teams, BI tools, product analytics tooling, and Salesforce with an open-minded approach to deciding which tools are absolutely necessary for Sentry
- Partner with the Sentry data engineering team on projects that will shape how we develop our BI layer and scale our BI reporting
Open-source full-stack error tracking system
Sentry is on a mission to help developers save time, energy, and probably a few therapy sessions. The company operates an error & crash monitoring platform.
- Competitive Compensation + Equity
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Commuter Stipend
- Professional Development Stipend
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Charitable Matching Program
- Flexible PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
Company Core Values
- Pixels Matter - We understand that the difference between a good product and a great one is in the finer details. We take extra care to get everything right, down to the last pixel.
- Feedback is Priceless - White lies help no one. We give each other constructive, respectful, and sincere feedback for the best collective outcome and most personal growth. (On our work, that is. We'll keep opinions on your floral-patterned pants to ourselves.)
- Step by Step - We don't expect to get things right the first time around. We do our best work by iterating: making small changes, measuring impact, and trying again (and again, and sometimes again).
- For Every Developer - Sentry is a tool for everyone who codes. We strive to create a product that's accessible (and indispensable) to developers at any level, at companies big, small, and everything beyond and in between.
- Work in Progress - We know that we don't know everything. Nothing here is set in stone. We're still filling roles and writing rules, as a team. In the meantime, we embrace individual ownership, autonomy, and accountability.
- Value People - We respect one another. We understand that success comes from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, skills, and opinions — not in spite of it. Even if we disagree on the route, we still push forward to the end.