Director, Cloud Security
Posted on 6/21/2022
Miami, FL, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise with Cloud Infrastructure like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Extensive knowledge of secure best practices for Cloud based Infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of containerization, orchestration and cloud scale solutions
- Enthusiasm for automation, scalable and reproducible security practices
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently
- Proficiency in managing multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order or priorities on the fly for themselves and their team
- Ability to influence internal and external customers to expediently resolve issues and achieve organizational objectives
- The ability to design and operate controls that are easy to test and audit
- Experience/familiarity with application security including standards like OWASP, tools like Burp Suite, and secure coding practices a plus
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
- Advanced degree in computer science, or related fields strongly preferred
- An understanding of standards such as ISO 27001/27002 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework desirable
- 12+ years of experience as a security engineer or infrastructure security engineering leader with a minimum of five years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity
- 5+ years of experience building and managing small to medium sized teams
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- Own Circle's Cloud Security strategy, implementation and operationalization
- Actively partner with our Infrastructure teams on the development and deployment of USDC and supporting services
- Evaluate our current Cloud Security posture across multiple platforms
- Recommend and validate Security controls and improvements across our infrastructure stack
- Own and build relationships with key external stakeholders such as customers, vendors, and auditors
- Produce data-based reports on technology risk for senior management
- Drive continuous improvement in the tech stack
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.