Senior Software Engineer
Machine Learning, Advertiser Optimization
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Ontario, Canada • Remote
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Applied ML/algorithm optimization experience or background
- Proficiency with programming languages and statistical analysis (Python, SQL)
- 5+ years experience in a relevant industry or academic background, preferably in a quantitative/modeling or highly scalable computing environment
- Dive deep into our platform to spot opportunities for improvement. Apply mathematical sophistication to solve our customers' problems
- Build applied machine learning models end to end to production
- Iterate and tune algorithms and/or models with A/B test and experimentation
- Own your work from conception and design to implementation and rollout
- Research state of the art algorithmic techniques. Recognize promising innovations and adapt them to serve Reddit's unique platform and community
- Design, implement, and maintain reliable high performance distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/CS major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science). Master's or PhD is a plus, but not required
- Ads experience is a plus, but not required
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.