Posted on 11/9/2022
Austin, TX, USA
- 3+ years of experience in a Data intense role
- Experience in O&G, Power & Utilities and/or Manufacturing is required
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
- Loves to code, passion for coding, and enjoys sharing that knowledge with others
- Strong understanding of data analysis or data science
- Experience working with data technologies, such as: ETL, SQL, Python
- Ability to work on both internal and external client-facing projects and communicate with key stakeholders
- Ability to travel onsite to meet with and engage with clients -- we don't build solutions in isolation
- Role based in Houston, TX or (Austin, TX w/ travel to Houston)
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join [email protected] for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite --> watch some of our Cognite Voices Katrine Tjølsen, Petter Reistad
- Partner with Solution Architects to understand client requirements and define queries with subject matter experts
- Develop custom extractors using backend technologies and languages i.e Python, Spark, Rest APIs
- Customize existing extractors i.e. database extractor using SQL, event streaming using Kafka and deploy using Docker
- Create custom data models for data discovery, mapping, and cleansing
- Collaborate with product development to turn customer needs into potential product offerings
- Prototype data visualization and dashboards
Cognite Data Fusion contextually enriches IT and OT data.
Cognite is on a mission to power a high-tech, sustainable, and profitable industrial future.
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
Company Core Values
- Velocity - We move fast and try new things, and we don't stop moving forward. Execution is everything.
- Openness - Data must be open to create value. We share as much as possible with our customers and partners alike.
- Impact - Go big or go home. We fundamentally change the industrial world and make it more sustainable.
- Togetherness - We innovate through building on our ideas and strengths. This means supporting and challenging one another.
- Curiosity - We love learning. We're courageous and we love finding better answers. We're willing to challenge each other on the way.