Principal Software Engineer
Machine Learning, Content Safety
Posted on 2/17/2023
Burlingame, CA, USA
- A Technical Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical solutions. Your technical expertise influences product direction. You foster a culture of technical excellence
- Resourceful: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems. You identify opportunities and then apply your breadth of skills to make them happen. You are adaptable in any situation
- Analytical: You're excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and see the opportunities hidden in the data. You can quantify the problems and the solutions
- User Oriented: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution. You focus relentlessly on the end goal
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger. You foster a culture of technical excellence
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 8+ years of experience building and shipping products to production
- 5+ years of experience identifying and driving solutions to difficult problems that span multiple teams and require deep technical expertise
- 5+ years of experience developing large-scale customer-facing user experiences
- 5+ years experience shipping scaled ML models in production
- Report to our Engineering Manager of Content Safety
- Build systems to detect and address problematic content on Roblox. You will work on building backend services working at high scale, ML models to detect unsafe content of all types, and tools to support our review operation teams
- Define and build platform features to support product teams across the company in ensuring safety in every part of Roblox
- Help define the team's roadmap and long-term strategy towards keeping content and features on Roblox safe
- Shape how the next generation of internet users interacts safely in the metaverse
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done