Software Developer for Medical Image Analysis and Visualization Applications
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Arlington, VA, USA
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field with emphasis on user application development
- Outstanding skills in C++, Python, Objective-C, Swift, and/or Kotlin
- The ability and passion to rapidly pick up other languages and technologies
- A passion for software development, customer interaction, and user experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of GUI development using a modern UI layout system, such as Qt /QML, Xcode/UIKit, WinForms, WPF, or other markup-based technologies
- Strong creative skills in GUI design, human-computer interaction, look and feel strategies, and user experience improvement
- Design, develop, and improve medical data analysis and visualization research software applications in a wide range of computing. environments, including but not limited to Windows, Unix, macOS, mobile, and web environments
- Design GUI layout and interactive widgets
- Collaborate with commercial customers in application testing and verifications
- Generate documentation required for user support and regulatory applications
- Knowledge of Medical Imaging and DICOM
- Working experience with client/server architectures, distributed systems, and/or other common communication protocols
- Familiarity with medical software development processes such as IEC 62304 and software quality assurance processes and standards such as ISO 13485 and ISO 14971
- Working experience in an FDA-regulated environment
- Experience with our open-source toolkits and applications for medical image analysis and visualizations such as ITK, VTK, and 3D Slicer
- Experience or strong interest in 3D rendering APIs (OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, etc.)
Software company for open source software solutions
Kitware's mission is to advance science & technology, empower global innovation and address the world’s challenges. The company specializes in the R&D of open-source software in the fields of computer vision, medical imaging, visualization, and technical software development.
- 100% Employee Owned
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous PTO
- comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and ADHD Insurance
- Immigration and Visa Processing
- Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Hardware Allowance
Company Core Values
- Culture: Promote an inclusive and energized environment that emphasizes integrity and teamwork.
- Growth: Work passionately and creatively to grow personally, professionally, and together as a company.
- Collaboration: Drive sustainable innovation through collaborative relationships with customers and open source communities.
- Open Science: Champion algorithms and open source software platforms to accelerate the pace of reproducible research and product development.
- Impact: Advance scientific understanding for the betterment of humankind.