Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re expanding our Solar support team and we’re looking for an experienced Solar PV Technical Engineer, who will be responsible for ensuring we can meet the installation specifications for customers progressing through our survey team.
You will be primarily office based, in our relaxed and welcoming site in Brighton and work directly with our internal low carbon product survey and sales teams to make sure we can deliver on our aim of installing thousands of solar PV systems into domestic properties across the country.
What you’ll do
- Lead on ensuring all surveys that pass through to a sales quotes are technically viable for installation based on the criteria
- Continually review and revise our technical check and support process to ensure its always fit for purpose
- Support the sales team to diligently develop how they respond to customer questions where technical informations and answers are needed
- Ensure technical rigour is applied at any stage where we see risk in our ability to install
- Support customers with App & desktop inverter software
- Support the team in spreading the word about how awesome our products are
What you’ll need
- To be a fully trained technical expert in the world of solar with a proven track record of installing and a great understanding of domestic PV systems
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work with a team to get the best results
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualification
- 18th Edition (not essential)
- 2394/2395 test & inspection (not essential)
- A Solar PV qualification (not essential but would be awesome)
Why else you’ll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it’s something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don’t advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn’t apply to Octopus - what’s more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we’re voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.