Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. For a customer to turn their vision into a reality they need more than furniture. Customers may need a quality handyman/woman for in-home services or a protection plan to safeguard their investment. Wayfair Home Services aspires to be the one-stop shop for customers, offering them a stress-free place for products and services.
The Home Services team is responsible for connecting Wayfair customers with the services they need to complete their home. Each year we sell over one million services to customers ranging from furniture assembly to faucet installation to product protection plans. Our business is fast growing and operates like a “startup” within Wayfair. As part of the team, you’ll be working in cutting-edge e-commerce (such as gig-economy platforms, and Services in a Marketplace), and in true startup mentality, you’ll work on a range of challenges that span functions including business, operations, strategy, analytics, and technology. Moreover, we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety, and intentional career development.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, results-driven, customer-focused Program Manager to help lead one of our newest businesses. The Program Manager will oversee daily operations of the Assembly & Installation business ranging from pricing to partner management, and everything in between. Based in Boston, the program manager will report to the Head of Assembly for Home Services and be responsible for leading cross-functional teams within Wayfair and third-party service providers to deliver customer and business results for this rapidly scaling business. This is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing an Operations and/or General Management career track at Wayfair as you will obtain experience from all facets of a business line. This is also a great role for those looking to help shape a nascent but high-growth business in Wayfair!
What You’ll Do:
- Own operational KPIs for Wayfair’s Assembly business (e.g., partner SLAs, NPS, customer service metrics)
- Maintain a roadmap of operational and business initiatives and be responsible for execution e.g., process improvements, customer experience changes, pricing, sales programs, and new capability development
- Be the voice of the partner and the customer within the Home Services business team
- Manage a portfolio of third-party service providers, including SLAs, project management, contract negotiations, promotions/pricing, quarterly business reviews (QBRs), and supplier roadmaps
- Collaborate across departments to drive business goals (departments include Supplier Operations, Finance, Pricing, Customer Service, Legal, and Business Intelligence)
- Use technology to enhance business goals/customer experience
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably in consulting, business/operations management, or project management; ideally with e-commerce/consumer experience
- Highly proficient with analytical tools (Excel a must) and various communications formats (PowerPoint, Word)
- Track record of delivery of measurable impact by leading/managing multiple concurrent projects in a highly cross-functional environment
- Conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills, using rigorous data analysis, process mapping, and stakeholder interviews to identify hypotheses and support decisions
- Comfort with “getting into the weeds” and working through the details as a manager-doer
- Ownership mindset and a bias for action, with a high bar for quality and motivation to take on challenges associated with launching a new business, even in areas that may not be directly under your responsibility
- Entrepreneurial experience building a business or delivering against ambitious targets & goals in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly evolving environment
- Experience building relationships (internally and externally) and negotiating to achieve mutually agreeable outcomes and persuade key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills including senior presence, able to clearly and consistently communicate to and partner with a broad range of senior leaders to achieve objectives
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].