COGS and Gross Margin
Posted on 9/22/2022
Los Gatos, CA, USA
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, modeling, reporting and analysis
- 5+ years experience with technology hardware company supporting the Manufacturing/Operations departments
- Strong understanding of COGS and gross margins
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability to identify business challenges, structure recommendations and provide insights to enable high-level strategic vision
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA, CPA, and CFA highly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or similar planning tools, and Netsuite a plus
- Drive and manage the annual budgeting process and maintain accurate and updated forecasts for COGS and Gross Margins while working closely with the Operations leaders
- Create detailed models to track gross margin progress within the financial quarter, and also forecast long-term gross margins
- Develop models to forecast inventory, capex requirements and capacity planning
- Build management reports, KPIs and dashboards
- Develop models to translate sales forecasts into production plans
- Create department level reporting to help track and manage spending and headcount decisions
- Create training for operations employees to foster understanding of key metrics and gross margin implications
- Identify key cost reduction opportunities, and lead cross-functional initiatives to drive margin improvements
- Continuously focus on automating and streamlining the FP&A processes
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
Electric vehicle charging stations
ChargePoint believes that the rapid transition to electric mobility is essential to building a sustainable future for all. After more than a decade, their mission remains the same—to create technology that will enable the movement of all people and goods on electricity.
- Outdoor Activities - The Los Gatos Creek Trail is just steps from our campus. Bring your bike or your running shoes. Plus you can shower up after your workout.
- Office Parties - Celebration is a part of our culture.
- Pets - Every day is bring-your-dog-to-work day.
- Health Benefits - We offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- EV charging at work - Drive an EV? Our parking lots are fully outfitted with charging stations, so you can plug in and charge up while you work.
- Snacks and Beverages - Our fully stocked kitchens come with a wide variety of healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks and beverages, plus we have an espresso machine.