Sr. Integrations Developer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Morrisville, NC, USA • Raleigh, NC, USA • Philadelphia, PA, USA • Chicago...
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience designing and building integrations with a thorough understanding of SOA
- Extensive experience of troubleshooting integrations when errors occur and the ability to calmly troubleshoot in high pressure situations, and effectively command control of crisis situations
- Extensive knowledge in reading and understanding XML and performing mapping in XSLT
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, able to set priorities and translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals and execute projects with minimal oversight
- Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
- Extensive knowledge in developing and supporting integrations built with IBM Integration Bus / ACE and IBM MQ
- Experience or knowledge in developing in IBM DataPower and Neuron ESB
- Build, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain integrations built in IBM Integration Bus / App Connect, IBM MQ, IBM DataPower and Neuron ESB
- Design, develop, implement, administer and provide support for integrations
- Provide detailed solution design and implementation plan for integrations following Xylem's integration framework or as laid out by integration architects
- Work closely with application teams in designing new integrations according to project requirements and in keeping with Xylem's integration principles and standards; and
- Perform change management according to prescribed company processes, including migrating changes through testing environments and into the production environment
- May serve as project lead in small to medium integration projects
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential