Staff Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA
- Collaborate with and work through others, lifting the skills and expertise of those around you
- Serve as a resource and/or mentor to other engineers, providing thoughtful, constructive feedback that is sensitive to the individual needs and perspectives of other employees
- Experience building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You value testing, instrumenting, and documenting your work
- Understanding of the importance of an inclusive work environment where every employee can be their true self
- You are comfortable with languages like Python or Go
- Value quality of work over quantity. Outcome over output
- Expertise building PaaS tooling is not required. However, if you haven't worked on a platform team in the past, you should have strong opinions on how to build scalable distributed systems
- Work through the entire software development lifecycle of projects including system architecture, implementation, testing, deployment, and subsequent fixes and improvements
- Have the opportunity to reach across the entire infrastructure stack at BuzzFeed, working across a range of areas to solve new engineering problems
- Develop and improve existing code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.