84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
The Senior Software Engineer takes ownership of stories and drives them to completion through all phases of the entire 84.51° SDLC. This includes external facing and internal applications, as well as process improvement activities.
- Perform development in Java, Angular, and Spring Boot based Build reusable code and libraries
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Work with UX to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- Partner with senior resources, gaining insights
- Provide mentoring to junior resources
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Bring new perspectives to problems
- Be driven to improve yourself and the way things are done
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree desired) typically in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Analytics or another technically strong program.
- Understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
- 3+ years Spring Boot and/or Java development experience
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with dependency management (Maven, Gradle)
- Proficient in async request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient in Object Oriented Principles
- Exposure to server-side CSS pre-processing platform (SASS or LESS)
- Experience with VCS (Git, SVN)
- Understanding of CI/CD
Preferred Skills – Experience in the following
- Spring Boot
- RESTful APIs
- Angular 2+
- Understanding SOLID principles
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and how to handle them
- Reverse proxies
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time for this position.