A bit about us
GroundTruth is a leading media platform company powered by real-world behaviors. Brands, agencies, small businesses, and non-profits trust GroundTruth to generate real business results. GroundTruth’s suite of geo-contextual display and video advertising products and services are available at scale through their self-serve omnichannel advertising platform, managed services, and industry reseller partnerships. GroundTruth’s marketing platform is powered by a unique data set called “visitation data’’ accredited by the Media Rating Council (MRC).
Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Advertising Service Architecture)
Remote (Gurgaon, India) | Engineering
About the advertising service architecture team:
The advertising service architecture team is responsible for the the federation of services that support our real-time advertising exchange ecosystem. We currently process ~500k transactions per second on AWS infrastructure typically clearing bids in under 25ms. This team focuses on developing and supporting real-time java systems using non-blocking io and event driven architecture to solve problems such as request enrichment, filtering, and general data collection all of which are critical to our operations.
The senior level represents
Expert professionals with significant experience who plan, design, organize, and execute large units of work in collaboration with stakeholders. These employees are subject matter experts in technologies and business practices who coach, mentor, and supervise less experienced staff members.
A bit about you
- Lead the engineering efforts across multiple software components
- Write excellent production code and tests and help others improve in code-reviews
- Analyze high-level requirements to design, document, estimate, and build systems
- Coordinate across teams to identify, resolve, mitigate and prevent technical issues
- Coach and mentor engineers within the team to develop their skills and abilities
- Continuously improve the team’s practices in code-quality, reliability, performance, testing, automation, logging, monitoring, alerting, and build processes
- Education and professional experience:
- PHD or Masters degree in Computer or equivalent with 5+ years experience in technology
- The following skills: C++, C++14, Unix, Multithreading and Data structures
.Additional nice to have skills/certifications: Perl, Shell scripting, Python, Awk, Sed, Protocol Buffers, Aerospike, Redis, Kinesis. Good hands experience on AWS.
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts
- A strong communicator who is able to collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs
- A problem solver who likes to dive deep into a problem, diagnose root causes and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Parental leave- Maternity and Paternity
- Flexible Time Offs (Earned Leaves, Sick Leaves, Birthday leave & Company Holidays)
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- Health coverage cover for any hospitalization. Covers both nuclear family and parents
- Covid home quarantine cover
- Tele-med that offers discounts on health checkups and medicines
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Childcare Expenses and reimbursements
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement (Mobile Subsidy program)
- Internet reimbursement
- Home office set up
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme offering different tax saving options such as VPF and employee and employer contribution up to 12% basic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at [email protected]