Santa Ana, California
6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↑ 7%
2 year growth↑ 5%
- Actively pursuing Bachelor's or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Prior exposure to software engineering best practices through hackathons, coding challenges, university projects, or previous internships
- Work authorization in the United States
- Work with a dynamic and supportive team of backend and frontend engineers, product managers, designers, and devops engineers
- Propose ideas, implement solutions, experiment, and launch ideas to First American’s users and customers
- Influence other engineers, teams, and product managers, impacting the full product lifecycle
- Keep the bar high on sustainable engineering by following best practices, producing best-in-class code, documentation, testing, and monitoring
- Strong mentorship and the opportunity to learn from Senior Software Engineers
- The possibility of joining the team permanently in the future and building an exciting career at First American
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
First American is a global leader with a rich history dating back to 1889. From our humble beginnings as a family business, we’ve grown into a $6 billion enterprise with a global footprint. Our diverse portfolio includes Title Insurance, Settlement Services, Lender and Servicer Solutions, Real Estate Data Solutions, Home Warranty and Insurance, Trust Services, and International Services. We’re committed to driving the digital transformation of our industry through innovative technology.Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this transformation. You have the rare chance to create a huge impact on a major part of the United States real estate market - we’re at the heart of real estate transactions impacting residential, commercial and refinancing transactions. We offer expansive mentorship from First American employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal connections and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.
If you’ve ever thought about a career in Software Engineering this is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience.
What we offer
Our internship is for Undergraduate students to gain practical experience while working alongside our community of world-class engineers.
We’re seeking skilled software engineers who are passionate about craft, scalability, security and working in a deep space with a lot of opportunity. Join our diverse and inclusive environment, where your unique perspective is valued.
Find out here about our internship program and connect with us today to join our talent network, receive latest updates & interview prep content.
What You’ll Do
Work with a dynamic and supportive team of backend, and frontend engineers, along with product managers, designers, devops engineers.
Propose ideas, implement solutions, experiment, and launch your ideas to First American’s users and customers.
Influence other engineers, teams, and product managers, impacting the full product lifecycle
Keep the bar high on sustainable engineering by following best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring
Actively pursuing either a Bachelor’s (3rd/4th year) or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
Prior exposure to software engineering best practices through hackathons, coding challenges, university projects or previous internships
Available for 10 week internship starting in early June 2024– August 2024
Work authorization in United States
What You’ll Gain
A competitive monthly internship salary
The rare opportunity to impact one of the largest players in the United States real estate market.
Strong mentorship and the opportunity to learn from Senior Software Engineers that will guide you through your internship experience
The opportunity to build personal network with smart and hardworking interns and First American employees who share your passion for technology
A variety of learning opportunities designed for interns
The possibility of joining the team permanently in the future and building an exciting career at First American
- January-mid Feb onwards: Accepting Applications
- Mid- late February: Interviewsand selection
- March: Offer letters extended
- Exact start date TBD, but will be in early June
Pay Rate- $45.00 Hourly
- This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location