Posted on 2/7/2023
- A J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing
- 3+ years of a combined law firm, government, and/or in-house experience
- Strong knowledge of Blockchain, and/or Cryptocurrencies required
- Expertise in the area of payments, including card processing, network rules, ACH, and ledgers. Extensive knowledge of financial services, payments, and lending compliance requirements and regulations, including anti-money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act, money transmission laws, Gramm-Leach, Regulations E and Z, sanctions regulations, and know-your-customer requirements
- Understanding of laws and legal structures related to banks, bank partners, and/or the participants in various payments systems, including processors and program managers
- Experience with and interest in mobile and alternative payments, emerging payments technology, and the payments industry
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements
- Strong business judgment, intellectual curiosity, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across different business lines
- Product counseling experience and ability to provide timely, concise, and business-focused legal advice on federal and state consumer financial laws
- Self-starter who will take ownership of projects
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- Providing legal advice on federal and state lending and payments and/or banking laws, card processing activity, rules, and regulations to the Product team
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial agreements with various financial institutions and partners
- Advise on marketing strategies related to our payments and lending products
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of our new payments product, bringing new ideas and legal expertise to the process
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with the business
Blockchain-based lending & financial services
Figure's mission is to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency, and savings to both consumers and institutions.
- Health & wellness - Figure pays 100% of premium costs for employees and dependents for medical, dental, and vision insurance (with the exception of costs associated with the buy-up medical plan.)
- Continuing education - Figure will reimburse eligible employees for approved continuing education that either offers growth in an area related to his or her current position or that may lead to promotional opportunities.
- Flexible time off - We offer 10 company-wide holidays plus one personal holiday, generous Flexible Time Away (FTA), Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Parental Leave.
- Bonus & stock options - Figure’s Bonus Plan recognizes and rewards eligible employees’ efforts and contributions. Eligible employees are also granted an option to purchase a set number of shares of Figure’s common stock.
Company Core Values
- Mission Driven