Posted on 11/2/2022
Des Moines, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master's degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Candidate with less experience may be considered
- 4 years of applicable mechanical engineering experience including project management and design of building mechanical systems
- Experience with ductless split systems, heat recovery systems, residential type split systems, furnace, direct expansion cooling coils, unitary roof top package units, variable air volume systems, air handling units, chillers, boilers, vehicle exhaust systems and other heating, cooling, ventilation, air distribution, pumping, hydronic piping, and indoor air quality systems
- Performed and verified heat load calculations which include: heating peak, cooling peak, ventilation and process load calculation used for system sizing and final calculation for energy compliance
- Prepared design development and construction drawings which include: initial schematic, design development and final construction drawings for plan check submittal
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance
- Provide expertise in all aspects of the complete project management lifecycle
- Provide Mechanical Engineering Subject Matter expertise (SME) support by analyzing feasibility, design, planning, and installation of Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning, and Environmental Direct Digital Control Systems
- Provide Mechanical Engineering SME support by active participation in team reviews of design and scope, and assembly of the design package. In addition, provide status reports on site project progress, status reports on schedule updates, participate in Planning and Requirements Group (PRG) matrix meetings, and guide Operational Risk Management and Safety meetings
- Provide verified heat load calculations including: heating peak, cooling peak, ventilation and process load calculation used for system sizing, and final calculation for energy compliance
- Analyze and review existing engineering drawings and documents and provide observations on accuracy and completeness, and recommendations for improvement
- Provide Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) drawings using MicroStation, AutoCAD and MasterSpec in conformance with FAA standards
- Perform and analyze system and equipment design package requirements
- Assist in preparing Draft project scope agreements and project schedules
- Prepare engineering risk assessments, and provide recommendations and proposals of actions or improvements to mitigate potential risks resulting from site, facility, and project/program changes
- Familiarity with FAA and the National Airspace System (NAS) is a plus but not absolutely necessary
- Professional Mechanical Engineer registration is a plus but not absolutely necessary
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.