New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 44%
1 year growth↑ 44%
2 year growth↑ 44%
- 6+ years in engineering
- Experience building and scaling systems
- Proven technical skills in industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Product thinker
- Experience mentoring younger engineers
- Collaborative and team player
- Highly motivated
- Making a robust cost estimation and eligibility checking platform
- Creating a world-class note-taking experience for providers
- Optimizing search ranking and performance at scale
- Experience with React, TypeScript, and GraphQL
- Python and Flask Experience
- Interesting side projects
Grow Therapy is on a mission to serve as the trusted partner for therapists growing their practice, and patients accessing high-quality care. Powered by technology, we are a three-sided marketplace that empowers providers, augments insurance payors, and serves patients. Following the mass increase in depression and anxiety, the need for accessibility is more important than ever. To make our vision for mental healthcare a reality, we’re building a team of entrepreneurs and mission-driven go-getters. Since launching in February 2021, we’ve empowered over ten thousand therapists and hundreds of thousands of clients across the country and insurance landscape. We’ve raised over $100mm of funding from Transformation Capital, TCV, and SignalFire.
About the Role
As a staff software engineer at Grow Therapy, you’ll have a huge amount of scope and autonomy. You get to see a number of different product surface areas (provider portal, marketplace, client experience, infrastructure, and enabling operations) in addition to working full-stack (Flask/Python on the backend, React/TypeScript on the frontend, infrastructure on AWS).
What you’ll do
We have multiple roles open. Some examples of projects you may work on include:
Making a robust cost estimation and eligibility checking platform - You’ll pull in data from different sources and implement the logic and infrastructure that allows us to give cost estimates for every insurance type our providers accept.
Creating a world-class note-taking experience for providers - Notes are where our providers spend most of their day! You’ll own the full-stack experience of notes syncing, intelligent prefilling, and caching notes to create a best-in-class experience.
Optimizing search ranking and performance at scale - there are thousands of providers who accept many different insurance types, have unique backgrounds, and differing amounts of availability. Help us create a search algorithm that matches clients with the right therapist for them!
Who you are
6+ years in engineering. You’ve built and scaled systems, made complex engineering decisions, and have proved out your technical skills in industry.
Entrepreneurial spirit. You have worked in a startup or on your own side projects and built products from the ground up.
Product thinker. You want to build through a user-centric lens and be involved not only in engineering decisions but product and design decisions as well.
Leader. You have experience mentoring younger engineers formally and informally. You help set best practices for the team.
Team Player. You are collaborative by nature, relish in camaraderie and group wins, and are looked to by colleagues as a steadfast partner and source of encouragement
Highly Motivated. You want ownership of your work.
Experience with React, TypeScript, and GraphQL
Python and Flask Experience
Interesting side projects!
The salary range for this position is $205,000 to $280,000 per year.
- The chance to drive impact within the mental healthcare landscape from day one
- Comprehensive health insurance plans, including dental and vision
- Our dedication to mental health guides our culture. Wellness benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Flexible working hours and location (remote OR in-office, your choice!)
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide winter break
- Mental health mornings (2 hours each week)
- Team meditation
- Wellness Stipend
- In-office lunch and biweekly remote lunch on us!
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to help build a rapidly scaling start-up organization by taking strong ownership of your work, mentorship, and our unbounded leadership opportunities
Grow Therapy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.