Position: Product Director, Business Products – AccuWeather Sales & Service
Location: New York, NY
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
Reporting directly to the Chief Product and Design Officer, this role will lead a team of Product Managers responsible for the development of a suite of weather-related business-to-business (B2B) products and services for AccuWeather for Business (AFB).
- Responsible for all existing and new offerings for web services, mobile apps, data services, and internal tools, across warning, forecasting, and climate change related offers.
- Lead a team of Product Managers and partner with the Design, Research, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Business and Sales teams to develop the core strategy for all AFB products and services define the approach and build for key opportunities
- Instruct the Product Managers on best practices on how to convert strategic guidelines into product requirements
- Be the voice of Product for users, clients, and strategic partners, clearly articulating current offers and the vision for the future of the B2B platforms, and creating a strategy for diversifying the product portfolio; present business cases to AFB executives for new offers, including product definition, risks, and unknowns, and expected time/effort for new development
- Define, articulate, and champion a vision for all AFB platforms, including web portal, mobile app, data services and others, in order to support revenue growth and executive goals; define realistic KPIs for short and long-term results using data analytics and feedback from business clients
- Develop clear strategies to improve the engagement of users leading to increased product use, higher satisfaction, and deeper connection with content offerings; maintain exceptional relationships with key business stakeholders through communication, collaboration, and evangelism around the Product Development process
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape, and technology trends to inform the strategies for the mobile products.
- Master’s degree in Business or any applicable field and 5 years of experience (or equivalent) with the development of business-to-business (B2B) products or services,
- 2 years of experience developing digital B2B products and services such as mobile apps and web services and managing projects/contracts worth at least $5M per year.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Salary Range: AccuWeather offers a competitive salary commensurate to experience in the range of $140k to $185k
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience, and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.