Who We Need & What You’ll Do
As part of the Security Transformation program, AccuWeather is looking to expand its team of security expertise, knowledge, and capability. In this role, you will become part of a growing team of cyber security specialists. This is a great opportunity to blend personal and professional skills, with the freedom to explore innovative ideas to contribute to this important transformation process.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- To liaise and manage the feeds into all internal and third-party servicing 24 X 7 X 365 operations centers that support the SIEM and security operations landscape.
- Oversee that there is proactive management to identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover in alignment with security policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure that all third-party SIEM services adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and process adherence, necessary to achieve operational objectives and threat mitigation are in place.
- Responsible for setting the SOC strategy to orchestrate all input/output that will support event monitoring, management, and response, as well as cyber intelligence.
- Ensure that all incident handling and management processes adhere to the incident response policy and standard. This should include all relevant incident response plans.
- Responsible for threat management, threat modeling, identification of threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations (internal and external) for presentation to Senior and Executive Levels.
- Responsible for the tuning correlation rules and outcomes via SIEM, and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) platforms as running both in-house or via third-party management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, 5 years experience in information security
- Minimum 3 years experience leading or serving as a senior member of a SOC team
- Hold at least one relevant industry certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA)
- Working knowledge of industry standards frameworks (ISO, NIST)
- Thorough understanding of incident response and management procedures
- Knowledge of applications, databases, middleware as well as related security threats.
- Working knowledge of threat management and threat landscape
- Knowledge of operating systems, e.g., Windows, Linux, and Mac
AccuWeather will consider remote candidates in the following US States: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.