2023 Summer Retail Banking Internship
Posted on 11/25/2022
Albany, NY, USA
- College Juniors pursuing a bachelor's degree- all majors considered and external hires only
- Effective sales and service skills (professional, assertive, confident, driven)- prior experience in client service role preferred
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- General understanding of PC with Windows based applications, digital technology (mobile, apps, web-based browsing) and ability to educate clients on digital platforms and capabilities within Key
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged Standing (5- 8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs
- Adaptability: Understands that change is inevitable and seeks value in new ways of doing things while coping with day-to-day frustrations, adversities and uncertainties related to change
- Collaboration: Demonstrates a basic understanding of collaborative processes and provides examples of how collaboration has or can help the organizational reach its goals
- Critical Thinking: The ability to identify issues, communicate them, and explain the characteristics and steps in effective decision-making
- Decision Making: The ability to follow directions while identifying a defensible course of action among alternatives
- Emotional Intelligence: Describes the concepts and underlying tenets of emotional intelligence (EI) as a skill and cites examples as to the impact of EI on business results
- Business Acumen: Works to understand the business priorities of internal and external clients and can describe relevant profitability drivers and considerations
- Oral & Written Communication: Demonstrates the ability to speak, write, and present in a way that effectively conveys the intended message to an audience
- Risk Management: Describes key issues and benefits of risk management practices and makes use of organizational resources for risk avoidance and management
- Storytelling: Describes storytelling techniques, concepts, and potential benefits
- Change Navigation: Demonstrates the ability to modify work as directed and applies the concept of continuous improvement to develop new skills during change initiatives
- Embodies a strong Client experience culture, being present with every client and teammate and realizing the impact we can have on their day, personally, professionally, and financially
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of teller functions as well as other high-value branch activities
- Proactively works to identify and resolve client servicing issues, escalating as needed
- Listens for clues for financial wellness opportunities during client conversations, and then appropriately transition the client(s) to a Banker
- Assists clients in achieving their financial goals and objectives through the use of financial wellness tools
- Participates in morning huddles and end of day debriefs
- Shadows branch platform teammates and line of business partners in client appointments and business calling activities
- Follows compliance, audit and security procedures, balances cash drawer within balancing guidelines
- Reviews and maintain knowledge of product guides, fees, and policies to stay current on offerings
- Performs other duties as assigned; duties, responsibilities and/or activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Complies with all KeyBank policies and procedures
KeyBank is a bank that provides numerous financial services.
Key’s mission is to empower its clients, communities and employees to thrive. The company is one of the largest bank-based financial service companies in the United States and provides services like investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products to individuals and companies across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Wellness Programs
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Discounted Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Company Core Values
- Teamwork: We work together to achieve shared objectives.
- Respect: We value the unique talents, skills and experiences that diversity provides.
- Accountability: We deliver on what we promise.
- Integrity: We are open and honest in everything we do.
- Leadership: We anticipate the need to act and inspire others to follow.