Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
Global Relay’s enterprise applications have a substantial footprint in the messaging & archiving space for compliance. This role provides an excellent opportunity to help solve tough problems and create great experiences that have a significant impact on our customers.
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer who champions our users in all phases of the product development cycle. From context and problem framing all the way through to the delivery of meaningful solutions. The Lead UX Designer will work with UX Researchers to understand our customers’ problems, work with the business to understand their needs and collaborate with UI Designers and product teams to design the final solution. You will manage other UX Designers and help grow the team.
- Advocate for our customers by gaining a deep understanding of their work and the challenges they face
- Be a key partner to stakeholders and product management in helping to come up with approaches that work — you’re not here to just “gather” requirements
- Proactively collaborate with UX Researchers to apply research techniques that are appropriate to the problem being addressed
- Facilitate workshops to get cross-team alignment and generate ideas
- Develop storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to communicate design ideas and solutions effectively
- Communicate those solutions to our development teams in an agile environment
- Help identify and leverage metrics to drive product management and measure success
- Identify opportunities for UX improvement or differentiation
- Help promote Global Relay’s Design System’s mission and process to other departments
- Resolve priorities and maintain a backlog of UX work that aligns with our product’s roadmap
- Champion and establish a solid UX practice and be accountable for the UX output
- Collaborate closely with UXR, UX and UI Designers to find practical solutions to challenging workflows
- Guide and coach other designers and non-designers to uplift their design thinking capabilities
- Manage other UX Designer personnel of the design team; This includes handling HR issues, approving vacations, mentoring and developing other team members, laying out career paths
- Help grow the team at scale alongside other design managers
- A proven leader with 6+ years of demonstrated end-to-end experience in all aspects of the design process from discovery and ideation to testing and implementation
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring other designers
- Degree in a design-related discipline, HCI, or other human behaviour-related degree preferred, or equivalent demonstrated work experience
- A portfolio showing your UX process and how it resulted in products that people love
- Experience with a range of tools and the willingness to adapt to new tools as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and compelling presentation skills that allow you to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology and user experience
- Strong familiarity with product development in an agile environment is highly desirable, especially enterprise/SaaS
- Experience working with Finance related businesses is a plus
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.