We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to work out of our office in Los Angeles, CA.
- Oversee the payroll team processing of multiple payrolls for employees using ADP Workforce Now
- Supervise the review & reconciliation of pre-processing with the biweekly, monthly commissions and out of cycle payroll runs
- Monitor and respond to multi-state and federal tax and filing inquiries
- Establish payroll human resource objectives by assisting in selecting, training, scheduling, counseling, and evaluating payroll employees
- Research employee payroll inquires and answer ADP questions through the ticketing system
- Assist with other special projects as required
- Implement training of staff in payroll state & federal laws and regulations
- Lead the preparation, reconciliation and process year-end files for W2 and 1099’s
- Prepare communications emails from Payroll to the organization
- Stay up-to-date on latest Payroll laws and regulations
- Work with Payroll Team on quarterly review of 941’s and SOD’s (statements of deposits), tax reviews and any tax adjustments
- Oversee and review garnishments setups, unclaimed wages letters and reporting to accounting
- Manage audits of related to worker compensation, 401K and outside audit reviews and the collection of data
- Evaluate and analyze existing payroll policies and procedure, and implements changes and/or quality control measures leading to best-practice operations
- Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 year of Payroll / Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Handling full process of multi-state complex payrolls
- Expert user of ADP Workforce Now – Payroll / T&A systems / Security Management
- Experience interaction with ADP resources
- Great follow-through skills, and good with math and logic
- Customer service mindset
- Attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Problem solving abilities for complex payroll issues
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic office skills and abilities, knowledge of standard office equipment and software including Google Docs & Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary applications as required
- Interact with colleagues, team members and other department staff as well as management and executives in a professional office setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Formal training/education in the study of Payroll
- FPC certification (preferred)
General Statement - Performs the job assigned complying with Company policies and procedures, business code of ethics, FLSA regulations, and all applicable laws, as well as ensuring confidentiality, reliability, quality, and productivity. This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
At Internet Brands, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the annualized rate for this role to have a range of $90- $110k, and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Notice to California residents: you can find information about our privacy practices, on: https://www.internetbrands.com/work-with-us/cpra