Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We’re a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK’s leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
As a member of our Pro team you will work with a driven and dedicated group of smart people in an environment where initiative and innovation are encouraged, and exceeding goals is rewarded.You’re a hunter who’s self-motivated and results oriented!
We’re looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager preferably in Massachusetts to sell the full line of ecobee products within our Boston Region.
This position will be responsible for leading sales activity within accounts as well as developing a longer-term strategy to continue to grow ecobee’s market share and brand recognition.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Achieve sales targets for new business sales to contractors and distributors
- Regularly conduct technical training and business planning with strategic partners
- Increase distribution and product sales through existing distributors and recruitment of new distributor partners; build and maintain strong relationships, increase visibility and sell product line to the Professional Channel
- Enhance ecobee awareness and product engagement by building, managing, training, and motivating an independent rep sales force to support distributor and contractor partners
- Recognize trends in the market and be fully knowledgeable of competitive activities , which can then be regularly communicated to the management team
- Prepare and report upon sales and territory activities in SalesForce; maintain up-to-date records of accounts, key contact information, call activities, opportunities, and results
- Prepare detailed forecasts of short and long-term sales objectives
What You’llBring to the Table:
- Proven experience in Sales role, within a technical industry
- Solid understanding of the two-step distribution process
- You’ve undergone formal sales training program and can easily show how you’ve used it in the field
- Ability to travel within Boston as well as quarterly/bi-annual travel to sales team meetings at ecobee’s HQ in Toronto
- Proficient at working independently and have a home office
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle is required
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
- Please note that this position is fully remote
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first round virtual interview with a cross-functional group of ecopeeps – expect behavioural and situational questions
- If your first-round interview goes well, you can expect to meet our VP of Sales for a Final call
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let’s make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Discover our products and services and learn more about who we are.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.