Posted on 9/10/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • Washington, DC, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Austin...
- 7+ years of programming experience in either C, C++, Java, C# or other relevant coding languages
- 7+ years relevant experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience
- Experience building and shipping high quality work and achieving high reliability
- Experience improving stability through thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes
- Experienced in utilizing data and analysis to explain technical problems and providing detailed feedback and solutions
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Set direction and goals for the team regarding project impact, product quality and engineering efficiency
- Lead major initiatives, projects, teams, roll-outs and phased-releases
- Helps onboard new team members, provides mentorship and enables successful ramp up on your team's code bases
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.