Sr. Software Engineer
Posted on 3/15/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, physics, mathematics, or a STEM discipline and 4+ years of professional experience in data engineering; OR 6+ years of professional experience in data engineering in lieu of a degree
- Built solutions with object oriented software languages including C#, Java, Python, or C++
- Built solutions with HDFS, HBase, or other storage technology
- Active Secret, Top Secret, Top Secret SCI, or DOE Level Q clearance
- Professional experience in analytics, data science, or machine learning
- Experience using Spark, Presto, Flink, or Snowflake
- Built solutions with Parquet, or similar storage formats
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Built solutions with in-stream data processing of structured and semi-structured data
- Experience building predictive models and machine learning pipelines (clustering analysis, prediction, anomaly detection)
- C++ experience
- Developed analysis techniques for data fusion or sensor fusion applications
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Understanding of Linux environments and open source tools
- Experience handling large (TB+) datasets
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed
- An active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions; if so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Own software from beginning to end: identify requirements, dev, test, deploy, and operate
- Build ground-based software systems that ingest, transform, and store data
- Apply data analytics, models, and techniques to data products created by space vehicles
- Create catalogs of data and tools that can be used by you and other teams to perform analytics
- Fuse data from multiple sources to create usable information
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.