At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Join us as we pursue our innovative new vision to make the internet a better place for all. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. Recently, Cloudflare was named one of the Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces in 2022!
What you get from this role:
Our Business Development teams partner with all sales executives to bring Cloudflare solutions to the most ground-breaking companies in the world. A career at Cloudflare means challenging yourself and your prospects to reach higher - and to have fun doing it. We are seeking a dynamic, early career professional to join our fast-growing team. There is a defined growth path for successful Business Development Representatives to be promoted throughout the sales organization and into other roles at Cloudflare.
What your day to day responsibilities look like:
In this role, you will showcase the ability to focus on an organization’s initiatives, challenges, pain points and partner with Cloudflare Account Executives to bring value to those organizations through our sales process. You will:
- Create pipeline for your accounts using demand generation and prospecting tools such as ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Nav, Outreach, SFDC
- Find new opportunities and quickly develop rapport with new clients
- Explore & identify new opportunities in new accounts and/or buying centers
- Research and present business intelligence about customers and prospects
- Generate business opportunities through professional networking and cold-calling
- Comfortable making 250 outbound dials per week
- Sending 150 Personalized Emails to Prospects Per week
- Responding to Marketing Qualified Leads in < 24 hours on a daily basis
- Working Cross-Functional with AE Partner to drive strategic outreach into their Focus Account Lists
You’ll be driving sales activities on highly strategic accounts and projects within an ecosystem of best-in-class sales, technical and operational partners. Successful team members develop and demonstrate their sales acuity and move on to other sales positions and other roles.
Who you are:
- Sales hunter
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for a rep who has:
- At least 1 year of experience in selling or generating demand for enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Determination & relishes the chase
- Self-motivation and steadfast in pursuit of creating their own success
- To be at the top of the leaderboard & hates to lose
- High energy and contagious optimism
- A tendency to lead conversations & is assertive with next steps
- Adaptability and thrives on environments where they can grow
- Confidence in handling of objections
- Logic-based problem solving
- Task prioritization, discipline, and accountability
- A passion for research, data, and analysis that drives action
- Keen situational awareness within a team environment
- An ability to analyze business data to tell a compelling and actionable story
- Excellent presentation skills and clear communication
- A strong executive presence, with polish and dedication to customer outcomes
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $75,000 - $91,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person’s, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.