Ambiq’s mission is to develop the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to enable intelligent devices everywhere by developing the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to drive a more energy-efficient, sustainable, and data-driven world. Ambiq has helped leading manufacturers worldwide develop products that last weeks on a single charge (rather than days), while delivering a maximum feature set in compact industrial designs. Ambiq’s goal is to take Artificial Intelligence (AI) where it has never gone before in mobile and portable devices, using Ambiq’s advanced ultra-low power system on chip (SoC) solutions. Ambiq has shipped more than 200 million units as of March 2023. For more information, visit www.ambiq.com.
Our innovative and fast-moving teams of research, development, production, marketing, sales, and operations are spread across several continents, including the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore. We value continued technology innovation, fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision-making, and enthusiasm for energy efficiency. We embrace candidates who also share these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and comfortable learning and driving exciting new technologies. We encourage and nurture an environment for growth and opportunities to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects that will create a lasting impact. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
Staff Engineer – Design Verification
Ambiq Micro is looking for an experienced Staff Design Verification Engineer to join our dynamic team in Austin, TX. The ideal candidate will have 8-12 years of experience in the field of semiconductor design verification, and a proven track record of success in developing and executing verification plans for complex SoC designs.
The Design Verification Engineer will be responsible for verification of digital and mixed-signal designs, including systems-on-chip with multiple CPUs, and digital signal processors, security hardware, and other logic for IoT applications.
- Ideal candidate should have demonstrated successful design verification tasks at block, sub-system, and full-chip level.
- Must have participated in all phases of chip development, from creating test plans, creating test bench environment (SV/UVM), integrate VIP’s, automate test env for randomized testing and score boarding.
- Utilize UVM to create drivers, monitors, predictors, and scoreboards.
- In-Depth knowledge of SoC architecture with AMBA AXI/AHB/APB, DMA’s, Security, clock, and power-gating techniques is required.
- Responsible for verification of block(s) that includes writing tests, assertion and coverage for a block.
- Create tests to achieve coverage goals while verifying functionality.
- Develop support utilities for verification automation, test bench automation, regression, to improve productivity.
- Develop tests to evaluate power and performance aspects of the design.
- Perform gate-level-simulations and participate in supporting FPGA and Post-silicon bring-up.
- BSEE/MSEE Degree 8-12 years of experience at block, sub-system and full-chip verification.
- Strong in understanding multiple architectures, integrate 3rd party IP’s/VIP’s, have worked with mixed-signal designs with low-power design and verification challenges.
- Strong understanding/exposure to Design Verification for low-power battery operated designs highly desired.
- C based verification in an SoC environment is required.
- Experience with ARM processor-based designs and low-power design techniques is a plus.
- Languages:SystemVerilog (UVM), Verilog, C/C++, , Perl, Python, Makefile
- Technologies: ARM SoC (Preferred), AMBA AXI/AHB/APB, DMA, Flow Control, Serial Devices, QoS
- Preferred technologies: MIPI(CSI/DSI), Crypto, OTP, DSP, Low-Power
We value your privacy. Click here to learn more.