250 Yonge Street
Strategy & Change
Manages day-to-day operations, delivery of key programs and solves issues for designated physical channel strategic initiatives. Supports key operational programs and works across BMO to develop solutions that optimize channel processes and advance the customer experience. Ensures coordination and provides logistical support for the implementation of change and maintenance activities to support the overall health of all physical channels including but not limited to special branch formats (Mobile Branch and specialized banking units), ATM distribution, and branch technology delivery.
Consults on analytical solutions to understand, analyze, and synthesize requirements, goals and objectives relative to data and business intelligence needs and to enable high-quality, fact-based business decisions to drive better business outcomes. Supports the development and creation of net new processes, operating models, policy, procedures, and associated resources.
- Provides advice on the functionality, applicability, and usability of channel / platform solutions to support business requirements.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation, and sustainment of initiatives.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and management of business/group processes.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Supports the tracking, prioritization and resolution of issues related to channel operations
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO.
Interested in learning more about our campus program? Stay up-to-date with BMO Campus Recruitment by following us on Twitter @BMOonCampus & Instagram @BMO_on_Campus.
Please ensure you upload your resume, cover letter and transcript in the ‘Upload a file’ section prior to submitting your application.
Please note: Only students currently enrolled in an academic program and returning to their studies will be considered for our Co-op/Internship opportunities. Student who recently graduated are invited to apply to our New Grad opportunities which are available at: https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en/new-grad
Designs, develops, tests, implements, measures and manages processes. Ensures that process design reflects current business strategy and business/stakeholder requirements and supports the desired customer experience. Processes may be related to (but are not limited to) fulfillment, operations, services, sales, etc.
- Collaborates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Designs processes based on business requirements and best practices. Ensures the processes adhere to applicable risk, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Streamlines, simplifies and continuously improves existing processes.
- Documents processes (including, but not limited to, process flows, playbooks, etc.) for vetting, communicating, and implementing processes with stakeholders.
- Ensures all processes meet established standards, effectively utilize templates and tools to track compliance and operational effectiveness standards.
- Looks for opportunities to eliminate, simplify and automate processes. Recommends approaches or changes to streamline and integrate processes to improve overall efficiency.
- Maintains current process documentation to ensure available for stakeholders as required.
- Supports management of processes using established methodologies and tools/system/technology.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Participates in the integration of Core Process transformation across business/groups to deliver process improvements for productivity savings and enhanced customer/employee experience.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Resolves issues regarding processes that are raised from all sources/stakeholders.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 – 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of business/group processes, procedures and controls - Working.
- Understanding of risk, regulatory and compliance requirements - Working.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.