Compliance is looking for an AML Program Manager to join our growing team. You will be responsible for managing and advising on AML related risks across all business line functions at Paxos. This includes supporting the development of AML policies, procedures, and training materials, managing partner-driven AML due diligence requests, and working closely with cross functional stakeholders to review and opine on AML related risks. This role is also responsible for helping to scale our AML Program as we strive to build a “best-in-class” Compliance program.
This role works closely with a variety of stakeholders across the company, including Strategic Initiatives, Customer Success, Internal Audit, Legal, Research and Analytics, and Product.
This is a new position that will help drive the Compliance Program forward and support the continuing growth within Paxos.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As the AML Program Manager you’ll get to:
- Provide guidance and direction to Paxos management and cross-functional teams regarding AML requirements and in support of business objectives and global expansion;
- Manage and respond to AML due diligence questionnaires from partners;
- Prepare and develop AML related trainings for the Compliance and cross functional teams;
- Support the ongoing development and review of the AML Program’s related policies & procedures;
- Review the AML implications of any new or changed Paxos products, services, or other initiatives, and advise the business on mitigation efforts related to the AML risks;
- Review changes to AML/CFT-related laws, regulations, guidance, or regulatory expectations to help ensure that Paxos implements processes to remain in full compliance with its global regulatory obligations;
- Assist with developing periodic reporting to the Board and Executive Management on the state of the AML Program and any significant emerging issues or risks;
- Work closely with Compliance team members to define scope, engage stakeholders, and drive execution of key initiatives in support of the continuing advancement of the AML program
Your Skills and Experience:
- ~5+ years of prior experience in Compliance and AML, preferable with digital assets or fintech experience.
- A strong understanding of BSA / AML, CDD / EDD, AML Transaction Monitoring, and Reporting
- Ability to identify areas of inefficiency and suggest enhancements that can make processes faster and more reliable
- You enjoy working amidst high ambiguity, are able to adapt to changing priorities, and do whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
- Proven track record of driving initiatives in a cross-functional setting
- Strong attention to detail and passion for solving problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
You might also have:
- Experience working in the crypto industry from a Compliance, Regulatory, and / or Risk Management perspective
- A clear understanding of the risks and trends within the crypto / blockchain industry and regulatory landscape
- Management experience, and experience building teams and sub-functions
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.