Field Safety Associate
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Las Vegas, NV, USA
- BS degree or higher in a STEM discipline with 3-5+ years of applicable experience in Operational Safety, Field Safety Operations, Occupational Safety & Health, or similar role in a fast-paced environment where ambiguity is seen as opportunities or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- Possesses excellent EQ with an empathetic communication style that fosters connection, collaboration and motivation
- Someone who continuously researches safety trends and is a member of professional safety associations, while also maintains a safety professionals network
- Lead local on-the-ground operational requirements as well as support incident on-call duties across the organization with poise and professionalism
- Gather data and other information, conduct interviews and collect evidence as needed for vehicle safety events, potential safety incidents, close-calls/near-misses, and concerns involving Zoox vehicles during testing and field operations
- As needed lead deep-dive investigations into vehicle safety events, and implement mitigations and solutions as appropriate
- Work with first responders and other government agencies to help them understand our field safety processes and operations, and incorporate their feedback
- Establish close collaboration and build trusting relationships with other crew members from cross-functional teams including hardware, software, vehicle engineering, operations, human factors, program management office, legal, security, and EHS in order to advise and support for safety critical findings or events
- Champion strong safety culture at Zoox
- Support the continuing development and implementation of successful operational safety and compliance programs
- Ensure that relevant operational safety metrics are tracked, reported, and used by internal stakeholders to manage safety risks
- Working experience in automotive industry or the autonomous driving technology industry
- Working experience as a first responder whose background includes responding to and/or investigating vehicle incidents
- Working experience in transportation safety operations, especially AV or aviation safety
- Familiarity with applicable industry safety standards such as AVSC Best Practice documents
- Safety certifications such as Certified Safety Professional, Associate Safety Professional, Safety Management Specialist or similar
- Trained or certified Six-Sigma GreenBelt, BlackBelt or Master BlackBelt
- Have experience or interest in participating on technical standards committees
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Polarian and Slack software applications
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.