Posted on 10/20/2022
Manhattan Beach, CA, USA
- 3-5 years previous experience as a UX Researcher at a SaaS or tech company REQUIRED
- Significant hands-on research experience, with at least some of that experience in an industry setting (e.g. UX/product research, market research, consulting, etc.)
- An undergraduate degree from a 4-year, accredited institution
- Able to handle areas (user/product/domain) that may be ambiguous or ill-defined
- An understanding of the product life cycle and can time research to have maximum impact
- Awareness of UX industry trends, incorporating new research techniques when appropriate
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Can collaborate well across all project roles (design, research, product management, engineering, etc)
- Doesn't just summarize study data; go deep into details and possibilities
- Can proactively identify and communicate clear product solutions based on these findings, sometimes across departments
- Strong work ethic with love and care for your craft
- Experience with b-2-c research, organizational psychology/anthropology are a plus
- Eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Fueled by the opportunity to truly impact the education landscape
- Something else? Tell us! We want to learn more about you…
- Partner closely with design, product, engineering, and product marketing to discover and evaluate user and customer opportunities and needs
- Proactively and independently identifying high-impact questions from product or business perspectives
- Implement research tools and techniques to gather, visualize, and interpret qualitative and quantitative user data with the assistance of the Design and Product team
- Answering questions with a strong command of qualitative and quantitative methods - especially survey development and related data analysis
- Planning and leading research end to end, including strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research
- Representing the voice of the user throughout the whole product development process, working closely with PMs, designers, engineers, and leadership
- Clearly communicating your research insights for teams to translate research findings to product and business impact
- Recruit research participants from a variety of sources, including existing customers and users, as well as sourcing new participants that match specific product requirements
- Contributing to the development of a data-driven understanding of users and potential users
Engaging digital learning
GoGuardian envisions a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world's greatest challenges, and that vision helps drive their decisions — from product design to their thoughtful approach to student privacy and data protection.
- Health insurance
- GoGuardian covers 90% for you (100% HMO) and 50% for your dependents.
- Retirement savings account
- A robust 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match.
- Time off
- GoGuardian offers a comprehensive time-off package, including flexible time off, sick time, 13 company holidays, quarterly wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break.
- Employee assistance program
- 24 hours and 7 days a week, free confidential services include personal coaching, counseling, self-care apps, and much more!
- Employee stock option
- An option to purchase a number of shares of the GoGuardian stock.
- Company-supported growth
- Never stop learning with our annual learning growth fund program.
- Parental leave
- Paid parental leave for up to 14 weeks.
- Short & long-term disability
- Company paid short and long-term disability.
- Fertility & adoption reimbursement
- A fertility and adoption program to help you support your family needs.
- Guided yoga & meditation classes
- Relax, recharge, and refresh with weekly yoga classes and guided meditation.
Company Core Values
- Customer experience first
- Engage with courage
- Debate then decide
- Experiment and learn
- Commit with accountability