Staff Advanced Product Quality Engineer
Body Exterior Systems
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Irvine, CA, USA
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing) or similar technical degree required
- Strong statistical and problem-solving capability
- At least 6 years' experience with New Product and Process Development, or Product Launch at OEM or Tier 1 would be preferred
- Experience in plastics or exterior trim parts preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing / production environment
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $144,000 - $166,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law)
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums
- Establish strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels to deliver with exceptional quality
- Determine, track, and deliver key system KPI's
- Demonstrate system capability through application of statistical analysis of attribute and variable data
- Train, coach and develop employees to exceed our customer's expectations for overall quality and vehicle craftsmanship
- Participate in Design Reviews (Work with DRE to mitigate risks for manufacturing and assembly - ensuring we are adhering to internal standards/industry standards/best practices)
- Ensure product and process designs deliver high levels of capability. Participate in NUDD's analysis and DFEMA creation
- Support Design Validation Builds - Ensure issues are documented for resolution
- Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality issues and devise risk mitigation solutions by leading cross functional teams
- Lead both internal and external SCIA implementation by ensuring characteristics are defined on CAD releases and are accounted for within process controls in both line development and supplier development
- Support PQ/DQ to ensure we can hit PQ targets/Vehicle Dynamic Characteristics for SOP
- Manage Exterior Engineering Cube Development
- Collate, organize, Quality Concerns and present lessons learned to share with Product Development Team
- Participate in NUDD's analysis and DFEMA creation
- SCIA implementation (Special Characteristics Information & Agreement - Ensure characteristics are defined on drawings (Design Controls) and cascade to SCIA with agreed upon Process Controls with ME)
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team