Sr. Digital ASIC/FPGA Validation Engineer
Posted on 4/19/2022
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of experience validating ASICs and/or FPGAs
- Experience working with various high-speed SerDes architectures (NRZ, PAM4) and various clocking modes
- Working experience with Ethernet, PCIe and other high-speed protocol layers
- Ability to study and analyze internal and external team's test results and provide interpretations to help drive IP selections and discussions
- Experience writing comprehensive test reports covering test boundary conditions and test results
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well within a fast-paced team
- Experience with serial digital communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, JTAG and/or the software/hardware solutions to exercise these
- Experience with microcontrollers, FPGAs, and/or basic digital signal processing concepts
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications and systems
- Experience with both Windows and Linux system usage/administration
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Design and build unique and technically challenging automated measurement systems, including both hardware and software design
- Propose and develop a longer-term software architecture for automated test infrastructure, encompassing instrument control, data capture, data analysis and data organization
- Develop hardware systems, PCBs and digital FPGA or microcontroller control solutions for the test systems
- Work closely with the FPGA/ASIC design team and flight software team to add/improve testability and define various test infrastructure logic to ensure adequate silicon test coverage
- Work closely with electrical design team to review signal integrity, power integrity and radiated/conducted emissions concerns as well as propose design changes or operational workarounds
- Evaluate new IP from internal and external IP providers and test for logical and electrical compatibility with existing chips and FPGAs
- Write software routines (Python, C/C++) to bring up and validate the SerDes while working with the software cross functional team members to help integrate SerDes drivers in the software track
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.