Sr. Technical Writer
Updated on 9/22/2022
- 7+ years of relevant experience in technical writing, product documentation, online publishing, or technical blogging (writing samples required)
- Experience developing content for SaaS and Enterprise applications
- Project management skills that will allow you to start, build, and complete multiple documentation initiatives and prioritize your time to align with the greater organization
- Working knowledge of SQL, databases, and public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience using and documenting APIs and programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Ability to manage and coordinate your work across multiple teams in a fast-paced development environment
- Experience in a docs-as-code environment, using technologies like markdown, Git, and Hugo
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and Confluence for issue tracking and knowledge management
- Self-starter with solid written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to establish good working relationships with subject matter experts on multiple teams
- Research, write, and maintain high-quality technical content (API docs, SQL commands and functions, user guide content)
- Work closely with subject matter experts around Dremio to ensure the quality, accuracy, and discoverability of the content you create
- Learn and use Dremio's products to ensure you can design and write content that is accurate and relevant to the user
- Work with product managers, engineers, and support teams to ensure that all aspects of the Dremio solution are well-documented and easy to find
- Identify and respond to internal requests to improve and evolve our documentation
- Assist in designing and implementing improvements to the architecture and strategies of the documentation team (content management, content reuse, search and discoverability, etc.)
- Help define processes for writing documentation (user guides, overviews, troubleshooting, API references, etc.) within product and engineering teams
- Work with users outside of the documentation team to encourage contributions to our documentation
- Build and promote high-quality documentation standards and practices
Data lake engine
Dremio’s leading the way to reimagine your data architecture. Removing barriers, accelerating time to insight, putting control in the hands of the user.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- Office Events
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Communicate with clarity.
- Drive accountability.
- Be respectful.
- Confront brutal facts.
- Focus on results.
- Operate with urgency.
- Build a flywheel.