Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You’re a problem solver at heart. You’re creative, resourceful, and highly analytical. You’re energized by complex new challenges and the opportunity to solve them and create lasting impact for the organization.
You know how to operate effectively in cross-functional settings, working with stakeholders with a broad range of backgrounds and at all levels of an organization. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization where the only constant is change. You’re ready to leverage your experience and skills to make an impact at a company with an incredible mission.
As Director of Corporate Development and Strategy, you’d lead a small team that reports directly to Dataminr’s CEO, Founder, and Chairman of the Board, Ted Bailey, focused on firmwide strategy, M&A, and Strategic Growth. The Corporate Development and Strategy team at Dataminr is led by Kiran Rao, who serves on Dataminr’s Executive Committee as the company’s Chief Strategy Officer, and is managed by Bryce Feuerstein, Dataminr’s VP of Strategic Growth.
- Lead a world-class strategy, M&A, and strategic growth function to support Dataminr in the formulation, planning and execution of critical initiatives
- Collaborate with business unit leaders, the management team, and other executives across the organization to ensure a cohesive approach to strategy and implementation that maximizes long-term value for our business
- Drive research and development of Board-level updates, in partnership with executive stakeholders
- Support the diligence and execution of partnership and M&A opportunities
- Develop and help lead plans to launch new business opportunities and strategic growth initiatives (e.g. GTM strategy formulation, capability assessment, pricing analysis)
- Provide strategic thought leadership to senior leaders across the business
- Manage and mentor a talented team
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution in any field with demonstrated high standards of excellence in academics, extracurriculars, and work experience
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, corporate development, or other equivalent experience in technical fields
- 7+ years of total professional business experience in related roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate insight into content, and experience presenting to C-level executives
- Experience and/or fundamental knowledge of Capital Markets and/or M&A activities (e.g. valuations, fundraising, etc.)
- Ability to think through and solve for complex problems creatively and strategically
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status..
California, New York, Washington and Colorado only: The salary range for this position is as indicated below. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location, applicant skills, and prior relevant experience, among other factors.
Colorado: $137,000 - $180,000 USD
New York/California/Washington: $152,000 - $200,000 USD