At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We’re a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnest’s culture is as dynamic as the products we’re building and defining every day. We’re a fast-growing company, and that means we’re constantly integrating the new perspectives of every individual.
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie’s are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As a Product Manager on our Lending team, you will help drive the strategy and development of our student lending experience that enables students to reach their higher education goals. Our goal is to enable as many students as possible to pursue their educational dreams and you will support this vision by creating experiences that make applying for student loans simple and straightforward.
- Owning the vision and strategy for your product area, and defining goals and success with clear, measurable objectives and key results
- Creating well-scoped requirements that deliver clear customer value and prioritizing work for teams of engineers, designers and data analysts
- Execute product commitments effectively to consistently deliver meaningful impact to the business
- Working with data and business intelligence analysts to perform deep data dives to generate actionable insights that inform your product roadmap
- Continuously experimenting to validate new hypotheses and drive towards your product’s goals
- Communicating project updates and results to key stakeholders, including executive leadership
- Collaborating with customer researchers to identify new opportunities
Ideal background and expertise
- 5+ years working in strategic consulting, product, or marketing roles, with responsibility for meeting growth/business targets for a B2C (consumer) product
- Experience with A/B testing and conversion rate optimization, ideally in-product (i.e. not just for acquisition, but for engagement/retention/monetization) and across devices (e.g. both web app + mobile app)
- Data-driven, with analytics and SQL/Excel skills
- Experience managing digital projects involving multiple stakeholders and implementers
- Experience managing/leading a team (even if not directly, e.g. many PMs don’t have direct reports)
- Understanding of UX principles / best practices
- Strong writing skills
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
A little about our pay philosophy: We take pride in ensuring we are compensating our employees fairly and equitably. We are showcasing a range and actual starting pay may be based on several factors including but not limited to, market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal compensation, candidate location, and budgetary constraints. This number does not necessarily reflect your total compensation, but is a range for your base salary.