About the Team
As a Harry’s Art Direction/Design Summer Intern, you’ll be joining the Creative Comms team. We’re a dynamic group of talented and fun creatives. Our team is responsible for bringing the brand to life across all channels (DTC, retail, brand marketing, partnerships, in-store marketing, packaging, to name a few). The Art Direction/Design Intern role plays an important part by helping our team of art directors and designers create and tell meaningful stories about the brand. During your time on the team, you’ll “shadow” your colleagues and get exposure to various art direction and design projects (think: Harry’s 2023 Holiday Campaign), while learning the basics of what it takes to be a working AD/Designer at an in-house creative team from Harry’s creative leads. You’ll be immersed in the unique Harry’s work environment and culture to further your professional development and develop your work skills. We’re looking for someone who is the ultimate team player: dedicated, enthusiastic, and ready to learn!
What you can expect from our summer internship program:
- Learn about Harry’s history and culture through our Summer Interna modified onboarding experience
- Socialize and build your network through regular check-ins, lunches and events with fellow interns
- Develop relationships and secure guidance from mentors from your immediate team and from one of our seven Employee Resource Groups
- Participate in regular Q&As with Harry’s, Inc. Leadership
- Highlight projects you observed and contributed to in an End of Summer Wrap-Up with your fellow interns in a fun and engaging forum
About the Role: Summer Intern Project Examples
- You will assist the Art Director (AD) and team with general campaign development, which includes:
- Assisting AD and team with brainstorming concept territories for brand campaigns large and small
- Assisting AD and team with developing look & feel/art direction for campaigns
- Assisting with translating ideas from concepts on a page into real-world assets
- Possibly working with AD to brief photographers, stylists, and/or illustrators on campaign vision
- Assisting with the nitty gritty — cropping and exporting assets for partners
Here’s Who You’ll Work With:
- Reporting directly to our Associate Creative Director for Harry’s brand, in partnership with our Art Director
- Day-to-Day: Harry’s Creative Comms team
- Cross-Functional Partner Teams: Harry’s Brand Marketing, Retail, Direct-to-Consumer
You Should Apply If Some Or All Of The Following Apply To You…
- You’re a rising senior in college or recent grad studying design/art direction/advertising
- You’ve got a great eye and are passionate about art direction and design, with an interest in helping guide a brand from the inside while working in-house
- You have in-depth experience with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- You are a strong communicator and collaborator, who can work well with diverse set of partners
- You are super organized, and thrive in the details
- You are self-motivated, with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You are a lifelong learner
- You are creative, brimming with your own ideas
- You have a good sense of humor—we take our work seriously, not ourselves
Harry’s, Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.