Enterprise Account Executive
Posted on 4/18/2023
Remote • United Kingdom
- Minimum of 5 years experience in enterprise software sales
- Successful track record of aligning multiple resources to align with customer objectives, thus driving sales and exceeding quota
- Business proficient in English language
- Travel as necessary (less than 20%)
- Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United Kingdom or onsite in GitHub's Oxford office
- Strategic account planning:
- Develop plans and resource requirements to develop our potential and installed customers in the North EMEA region, to upsell and add new products. Analyze and measure account plans for customer and company success. Provide accurate forecasting for in and out quarter opportunities and quarterly revenue commitments. Be the primary owner of the customer and their liaison to GitHub, and act as an ambassador for the client internally within the GitHub organization
- Risk management:
- Be able to identify risk, assess possible solutions, and propose the best option to fit both customers' and GitHub's best interests
- Network building:
- Be able to build a solid network at GitHub, Microsoft, and inside customers to ensure success. Work with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales, customer success, and professional services to bring the full weight of GitHub to help customers
- Manage by influence:
- Be a consensus builder inside GitHub, Microsoft, and at the customer to drive to agreed outcomes
- Understand GitHub products and solutions:
- Understand how to counsel customers on best practices for leveraging GitHub products and services to become innovation leaders. Offer unique advice to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub. Work programmatically with prospects and new customers on a set of metrics to show them how to improve their business by properly using GitHub products and services
- Effective communicator and presenter:
- Be able to present to small and large groups of customers strategic ideas, work off script and be able to answer questions and challenges in live settings with key customers and partners
- Deal process, objection handling and driving momentum:
- Understand how to map prospects and buying processes, help new buyers navigate deals to close, identify deal stakeholders, mobilizers and blockers in order to drive deal momentum to close. collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges
- Team with Solutions Engineering and Customer Success:
- Invest time in creating a functional team together with Solutions Engineering and Customer Success, our best teams are based on honest and transparent collaboration and communication
- Desired 8+ years of experience in enterprise software sales
- Ability to assess customer needs and build valuable, trusted, relationships at all levels, while delivering a great customer experience
- Eloquent verbal and written communicator with strong presentation skills
- Curiosity and willingness to continuously learn all aspects of the software development lifecycle, GitHub products and tools, and the greater DevOps and DeSecOps industry
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.